Our Prenatal Support is a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement for pregnant and nursing mothers.
As one of the highest quality prenatal multiples available, it gives emphasis to balance, form and potency of each nutrient especially required during the prenatal period.
- Provides 53 nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and digestive enzymes as well as a blend of 8 natural herbs, which help in the birth process.
- Supplies 13 valuable minerals that are important during the prenatal period. Levels of these minerals in the Prenatal Support are the highest available in nutritional supplements of this type.
- Calcium and Magnesium support bone and teeth formation.
- Iron is an important blood building nutrient for the baby as well as for the mother. A deficiency of iron means that new blood cells will be unable to to transport sufficient levels of oxygen to the fetus. Prenatal Support contains one of the highest levels of iron in prenatal formulas in the glycinate and fumarate forms (ingredients formulated to allow your body to absorb the minerals rather than break them down before they reach the intestines where they can be used). These forms have a three times higher utilization rate in the body compared to other forms which have only a 10% assimilation rate.
- Vitamin C, Beta Carotene and Vitamin E are antioxidants which are required during pregnancy due to an almost 30% increases in oxygen utilization by the mother. Vitamin A in Prenatal Support is 100% Beta Carotene, not preformed vitamin A.
- Water soluble vitamins (B and C) are important during pregnancy because they are not stored, but are vital for healthy fetal development.
- Vitamin C in the Prenatal Support formula is provided both as asorbic acid and calcium ascorbate for maximum assimilation.
- All 11 recognized members of the B complex are included for proper nerve and brain functioning. The need for folic acid is increased during pregnancy and is involved in improved lactation. Reports indicate that one-third to one-half of pregnant women in the last 3 months of pregnancy are deficient in folic acid.
- Choline and inositol support detoxification processes, which are greatly increased during pregnancy.
- Prenatal Support contains a proprietary blend of vegetarian enzymes that aid the body in absorbing and utilizing nutrients that are not easily digestible.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.